Don't miss

Monday, April 30, 2012

Zanaya, Asha Bhosle's grand daughter makes her singing debut

In : |





Asha Bhosale, one of the most popular singers in India, her 10-year-old granddaughter Zanaya began taking singing lessons under her grand monther right from age of four.

Zanaya who is in her pre-teens has sung on a track that also features the likes of Sonu Nigam, Mohit Chauhan, Shaan, Shankar Mahadevan, Kailash Kher and Sunidhi Chauhan. 'Salaami Ho Jaaye' is on anti-piracy. Asha Bhosle insisted her granddaughter Zanaya to sing this song. The song is composed by Shamir Tandon.

Proud grand mother Asha bhosle said that, "I foresee Zanaya carrying our family's musical legacy forward and keeping our music's rich traditions alive for future generations. I am happy she has sung for Shamir, who is close to us (the Mangeshkars), alongside today's top singers. I wish all of them much success."

Zanaya said that, "I love music. I have been learning music from my gurus and from my grandmother Asha Aai. Recording with Shamir uncle was fun. He is kind and I felt very comfortable."

Asha Bhosle is one of most well-known Indian singers. She is best known as a Hindi playback singers, although she has a wider repertoire. Her career started in 1943 and has spanned over six decades. She has done playback singing for over a thousand Bollywood movies. 

Seems as if Zanaya is all set to carry forward her legacy.






Best Deals:

DrJays Green Banner

Updated at: Monday, April 30, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment