Don't miss

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cocktail is not 'Love Aaj Kal 2' - Deepika

In : |






One hit movie under a writer doesn't really implies that the second with the same writer will be a sequel! Thats's what Deepika Padukone explains about 'Cocktail' her upcoming movie with Saif Ali Khan, the movie promos are trending high and has high expectations by the audience. But along with these expectations are the doubts arising, haven't we seen a similar plot in Love Aaj Kal? Now this is the time when the lead actress herself comes in to clarify what they are planning for the movie. 

"The minute people see Saif and me together, they will think about Love Aaj Kal. Yes, of course, Imtiaz has written the script, but it is directed by Homi Adajania who had earlier made Being Cyrus," Deepika told reporters. Cocktail is written by Imtiaz Ali and directed by Homi Adajania. Model Diana Penty also features in it, along with Saif Ali Khan.

"Yes, it is a love story, but it is also about friendship, betrayal, fun and trust. So I think in terms of the film, it is very, very different," she insisted.

She plays the role of a bold young girl who has been found mouthing most of the bold dialogues in the promo, ask her why she did it, "I am not the film's writer. The dialogues were written based on the character that I am playing. Veronica is a very confident girl. She is very self-assured." 

About her role, she says she had the option to choose between the two roles in the movie " Love Aaj Kal was a very different role for me. In this film, I was offered both the roles. My producer Dino (Dinesh Vijan) was kind enough to offer me both the roles. He said that you choose which one you want. I took it as a challenge and Imtiaz (Ali) also suggested to me that since Meera from Love Aaj Kal is so similar to the other character in the film, it would be interesting for me to play Veronica," said the 26-year-old. 

"I am so glad I went with that because when the trailer released two days ago, the response has been fantastic. What people are also reacting to is the fact that they have not seen me play something like this or look like this on-screen," she added. 

Photos have been released of Deepika's bold bikini exposures too, which just adds spice to the movie.

The movie releases on July 13.





Updated at: Friday, May 25, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment