Don't miss

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sonakshi Hasn't been offered an Item number!

In :





Says Sonakshi Sinha, who is getting ready for next month's grand release of 'Rowdy Rathore'. The actress who just had one outing at the box office with 'Dabaang' had a immense success when the movie got released and she hopes to repeat history as her movie is ready for June 1. She has also had a great image makeover from the traditional, yet bold village girl in Dabaang to a classy and hot girl in Rowdy Rathore. Although Sonakshi claims that there hasn't been a deliberate attempt made for this, but the shots does reveal her new style and its interesting to see her in the glamour side.

When asked about her songs like Dhandaang or Chamak Challo, she denies cleanly that those are not item songs in any context. She says she hasn't been offered an item number to the date but for the songs they are purely based on situation and she adds that audience will realize this when the movie hits the screens. Does this mean that Sonakshi is not going to do an item number? "I haven't been offered any item number till now. If there is a good song, I am convinced enough and I am presented in a right way, then why not," Sonakshi clarifies. 

"'Chammak challo chail chabeeli' is not an item song. It's a very situational song with a wedding as its backdrop," she says. Sonakshi who also has a series of movies waiting up for release after Rowdy Rathore. She is currently working on completing Son-Of-Sardar, where she pairs opposite Ajay Devgan and she also has Joker, Dabaang 2 and Lootera in the line. 

“I didn’t plan it, but it’s fantastic how things have fallen into place. I know all of them might not hit bull’s eye, but what’s important is that I’m enjoying my work, even though I’ve been shooting every day. I’ve just begged for a day off on my birthday, June 2,” she says. 

She also finishes with the note "I am not waiting to get a role that will change my desi girl image, but still if I get something, which requires me to be more westernised and my character is good I won't mind doing it. Right now I am happy representing my own culture," she said.

Rowdy Rathore also marks the coming back of Akshay Kumar in the Action roles again after the long break he had took when his comical roles went out to be a great hit. The movie is directed by Prabhudeva and is being co produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.




Updated at: Wednesday, May 30, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment