Don't miss

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Katrina : Kabir will never write a candy floss role

In : |





328931_($15.60 Payout) Save 61% on Home Movie to DVD 300x250
Katrina Kaif is excited for next week when her movie 'Ek Tha Tiger' is to release on screens. And she says that unlike her past Khan movies, she is not just an ornament to the grand arena - but she has a credible role to handle and she is thankful to the director for having chosen her for the role. The actress who is reaching her decade in the Indian Cinema has evolved from just being a model with crazy Hindi accent to an actress who can do challenging roles and even Prakash Jha found her quite impressive for the role he gave her.

Talking to a daily, Katrina spoke about what she feels being a part of films starring the Khans. She said, “I`m grateful to my makers that I`m not just an ornament in a Khan film. My roles have substance. This can be a tricky situation. One can be tempted to sign a project because you want to work with an actor whom you admire but it is also equally important to have a credible role in such a project. I have been asked whether I`m just going to be an ornament in any of my Khan films. Well I can say that — Salman is holding the fort; but my role has credibility. Kabir will never write a candy floss role for his heroine.”

Katrina who is marked as the instant hit maker by the producers is much in demand and she is currently being requested to be part of every movie project that goes on floor, though many may deny it but she still is the queen of Bollywood when hits are counted in. 

She also added that she has great respect for the Khan trio and is excited to be part of the movies. “As for the Khans — I don`t think anyone can be them. Aamir, Shah Rukh and Salman are phenomenon. To achieve that magnitude of popularity and remain heartthrobs for over two decades is not an easy feat.” adds in Kats who is currently preparing for her shoots for Dhoom 3.

Katrina also praised Aamir Khan for his way of working and she looks forward to it as a learning curve, "I have seen Aamir on the sets. He is very organised and I admire that. Shah Rukh and Salman have their own style and approach which I think everyone knows."

The heroine currently has three YRF movies with three Khans in the lead and the movie with SRK is being directed by Yash Chopra himself  "I'm doing just two songs in my SRK film. Yash Chopra celebrates his women characters. And I am fortunate that I have a fabulous role in my film with Shah Rukh" says Katrina.

The actress who touches the feet of Yash Ji on each day at the start of shoots says that she has utmost respect for the filmmaker and she is glad to be part of his movie. She also clarified that it is not the big bucks that counts to her when choosing movies, instead it is the creative satisfaction that sustains "Well, my choice of films has never been governed by money. That is perhaps why I don't have a very fancy bank account. I'd rather get respect and creative satisfaction through my work than just earn money"

Katrina was talking to TOI in a recent interview. We are awaiting to see the love and action on big screens!





Updated at: Saturday, August 04, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment