Don't miss

Saturday, August 4, 2012

'Student of the year' trailer is out!

In : |





328931_($15.60 Payout) Save 61% on Home Movie to DVD 300x250

Karan Johar revealed the trailor of his most awaited and most talked baout film ‘Student of the year’! The filmmaker who is famously known to cast the Superstar of Bollywood Shahrukh Khan in most of his movies have casted 3 new fresh faces in SOTY.

The film marks the debut of filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia, David Dhawan's younger son Varun and newcomer Siddharth Malhotra. ‘Student of the Year’ will be Karan’s fifth directorial film after giving blockbusters like Kuch Kuch Hota Hain, K3G & Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. The film is co-produced by none other than Shahrukh Khan.

"I feel I am in a new phase of production which is great for Dharma Productions. We are doing great collaborations and I am directing fantastic newcomers in the film. So I am charged about it,” said the 40 year old filmmaker. "I feel I'm blessed. I'm in a profession that lets me sing, dance, laugh and cry and still be at work. I don't think I could be more fortunate than this," he added.

The soundtrack of the film is being composed by the talented duo Vishal and Shekhar.

Parts of the movie are being shot in Dehradun(Kasiga School,Purukul), Shimla, Kashmir, and Thailand. Kasiga school name was changed to saint teresa in the movie.

The eight year old Sana Saeed who stole everyone’s heart by her sweet performance in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai as SRK’s daughter Anjali, will be seen in SOTY after a gap of 14 years.

"It was fabulous working with Karan after a gap of 14 years. When I shot for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai I was scared and even now while doing this film I was scared and nervous. But I must say he made all of us comfortable. When I went on the sets, this film's team was almost same as that of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I felt really good when they recognised me. For this movie we had a young team and we had great fun. I have a full-fledged role in the film. It is not a cameo. I play a high school hottie - Tanya. It is the second lead," said the 23-year-old who was last seen in Sab tv’s serial Lo Ho Gayi Pooja Iss Ghar Ki.

SOTY is a colourful youth film revolving around 3 protagonists. It describes the journey of 3 students, their experiences, their ambitions & their relationship with each other.

The last youth rom-com film we saw was Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na which became one of the biggest hits of the year. With a new story line will SOTY live up to the audience’s expectations? Time will only tell, till then let’s watch its trailer!







Updated at: Saturday, August 04, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment