Don't miss

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dilshan Retires From Test Cricket

In :


Tillakaratne Dilshan retires from the international test crickets. He plans to concentrate more on the Twenty20 and one-day internationals instead of the 5 day endurance run. Dilshan who has been a critical member to the test squad of Srilanka says that he wants more young talent to be in the longer version of game.


ADVERTISEMENT

"I have decided to take this decision to allow Sri Lanka cricket to groom another youngster in my place," said Dilshan, who had hoped to bow out after this month's two-Test series against Zimbabwe before the tour was called off.

"I was due to announce my retirement after the Zimbabwe Test series but unfortunately the tour was postponed.

"I will discuss my future with the national selectors and if they need me I will play till the 2015 World Cup."

Zimbabwe were Sri Lanka's opponents when Dilshan made his Test debut in Bulawayo in 1999, and he went on to make 87 appearances.

The aggressive batsman scored 5,492 runs at an average of 40.98 including 16 centuries, with a career-best of 193 against England at Lord's in 2011.

Photos & Inputs: SkySports
ADVERTISEMENT

Updated at: Wednesday, October 09, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment