Don't miss

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Katrina Apologizes!

In :


Katrina's Apologies To Rahul



After her strong remarks on ethnicity(more) of herself and the mention of Rahul Gandhi had created a great stir in politics, although Mr. Gandhi or their party ignored the statement there was serious buzz on Kats with this comment. She has come back with an apology note and mentioned that her comments were misconstructed and this caused the confusion, and she will apologize for hurting any other persons feeling when she made the comment.

This was mentioned on her recent interview to a Television media.



Recently, in an interview to a newspaper, the actress while defensing her half Indian half British ethnicity told, “I’m not the only half-Asian half-British person on this planet! My passport’s copies are with every news channel in this country. Should I be ashamed that I am only half Asian? Rahul Gandhi is half Indian, half Italian. So? I am very proud of what I am and I don’t understand the confusion as if I am trying to hide that my mother is British. Why would I?”

Katrina also mentioned that her comments were without any malice or real thought on the meaning and it was ill constructed by the media which turned out to be a controversy. She said that she would like media to stop the issue being made controversial and she requested that there was no intention to hurt the feelings of any other person during the interview. 

On the other hand, the spokesperson to Indian National Congress Manish Tewari was sarcastic over the comment and mentioned that he did not know who Katrina was and he did not wish to comment on the comments made by some actor who he did not know!

Hopefully the trouble is settled and we hope this controversy dies off!








Disclaimer : The images courtesy is to the respective websites and we do not claim the ownership here! The views and comments are copyrighted to IndianViolets Ltd.

Updated at: Sunday, July 24, 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment