Don't miss

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Deepika bags the role of Juliet in Sanjay Leela’s Ramleela

In : |





328931_($15.60 Payout) Save 61% on Home Movie to DVD 300x250

After basking in success of her movie Cocktail Deepika has one more reason to be happy! According to the reports Sanjay Leela Bhansali has roped in the leggy lass in his next project Ram Leela, an adaptation to Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet. The actress who will be portraying the character of Juliet in the film is starred opposite Ranvir Singh.  

The Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’s filmmakerwanted to cast an unmarried actress and Deepika suited the requirement perfectly. The role was first offered to Kareena Kapoor. But she walked out of the film citing date problems. It is being said that her impending marriage with Saif is the real reason for her refusal to do the film.

“I walked out a week ago. I allotted 100 days for the shooting in August as per contract but Mr Bhansali wanted more days to shoot. My managers Reshma Shetty and Zahid Khan thought about it and decided it wasn’t possible as I have signed three new big films for next year. The shooting for one of them begins in October immediately after the release of 'Heroine'. I’ve also given 32 days of promotional time for 'Heroine' as it’s a very special film for me. That wouldn’t have been possible if I had given those dates to 'Ram Leela',” said the Jab We Met actress
She also rubbished the rumours of her not doing the film due to her wedding. “I am extremely ambitious and very career-oriented and my personal life has never come in the way of my career. So just back off and let me focus on my work!”

Soon rumours about Priyanka Chopra being considered for the role started doing the rounds. But guess it was Deepika Padukone who was destined to take the role! 
Sources say that Deepika was supposed to do Ekta Kapoor – Karan Johar’s combined project. Since the script was not ready and was taking much time Deepika gave her dates to Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Her power packed performance in Cocktail seems to be working wonders for her! Now lets see if she gives full justice to the role.Now lets see if she gives full justice to the role.





Updated at: Thursday, August 02, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment