Don't miss

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Emraan Hashmi : I wanted to get out of the safety net

In : |





506073_Free Customization
Emraan Hashmi has come a long drive from a assistant director to the lead and most wanted actor of Bollywood. The journey which started with direction of Raaz 10 years early has now come at a point where he plays the lead in the sequel to the movie. As always Emraan is confident about his role and he feels this to be the right kind of role that he wanted to do.

In a recent interview to DNA, the actor said that he did not want to be doing the safe movies/sure hit movies which the Bhatt camp gave him and he wanted to try more with other directors - explaining his moving away from the Bhatt camp. He says "It (moving out of the Bhatt camp) was intentional. I wanted to get out of the safety net. The Bhatts do great films, but I was only doing films with them. So, it was better for all of us that we work with different people to evolve creatively. And whenever we come together again for a film, we will be able to give the audience something different."

And we are sure that changed a lot in his career, since then there is no looking back for the actor and he has gained much of critical acclaim with this. He understands that there were lot of mistakes in his career at start but that eventually gave him the image that he is currently holding up. "Every day is a learning experience. I started around 10 years ago as the assistant director for Raaz. I never thought I’d be an actor then, but due to the turn of events I got into films. And up until a few years ago, I was struggling with films, making mistakes. But everything’s changed now."  says Emraan.

As for actresses like Bipasha Basu or Kareena Kapoor not willing to do a movie with him, he politely answers with extreme diplomacy "My priority is doing good films. What people feel or think doesn’t affect me. If someone thinks that doing a film with me won’t add to their career graph, then they are probably right in their place. Their presence or absence won’t affect my career or my decision to do good films. I am willing to learn more. I believe that one needs to have conviction to be successful."

The actor is preparing for his upcoming venture with Vidya Balan, a comedy movie named 'Ghanchakkar', "It’s fantastic.A lot of unfulfilled wishes were there when my character Abraham didn’t end up with Vidya’s in The Dirty Picture. So, I guess the audience will love to see this new chemistry between us. Besides, there is a comfort level that I share with her, so it was fun." says Emraan about the pairing with Vidya Balan once again!

However hard he is rejected or outcast from the industry, the actor comes up with a bigger thrust, he says he is not much cared about the Rs. 100crore club or the genre of movies, he just wishes to do good roles with equally good story.

And this is his success mantra - Job done well!



Updated at: Thursday, August 23, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment