Don't miss

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Priyadarshan is my key factor... - Mohanlal

In : |



The veteran actor from Malayalam Movie industry is clear about what he wants for the role and says that he is happy to have done Tezz, and explains it as one of the best movies by his friend and director Priyadarshan, Mohanlal was speaking to the media on the audio launch for Tezz. He says "I am playing a police officer. It's a small role, but the placement of the role is very critical in the film. This is one of Priyadarshan's best films. Action, choreography ... everything is brilliant," Also he continued praising the talent of Priyadarshan over his movies "He has made more than 84 films. He has grown a lot. He is thorough with his job. His way of making a film, his way of taking a song and choreographing it is entirely different," says Mohanlal.

Mohanlal is excited about the role but he says that he doesn't want to prove anything in Bollywood when he chooses his movies, he says "Company was enough for me. With this particular film Tezz, Priyadarshan is my key factor... not my role or anything,", the actor has had many offers after his first Bollywood movie, Company, which did jump into the hit charts. Ever since he has been choosy about the roles he take up and is carefully handling the best and 'irresistible story' line that he hears. "Company was an irresistible role for me. A couple of (Bollywood) scripts came to me after that, but I didn't find anything interesting. For an actor to get a good role is a blessing," says the superstar.

He has ruled the Malayalam movie industry for the past 30 years and he says he is pretty happy to be staying in his mother tongue. When asked about the entry of south stars like Prithviraj, Rana Daggubati, Ram Charan Teja, Dhanush and Siddharth into the industry, he clearly stated that he has no desires like them and he has nothing to be proved "I am not a newcomer! I have been in this industry for so long. What should I prove? I am happy with my own language. Now if I get a very irresistible role I will try it. I don't want to prove anything. Others from the south who are settling in Bollywood are newcomers. They want to do Hindi films for various factors," added the 51 year old.

Explaining his experience through Tezz, he said that it was all Priyadarshan's style of handling and he is pretty happy about it. "Most of the actors are comfortable doing Priyadarshan's film. He knows how to use or handle an artist. He is one of the greatest directors I know and of course he is my friend,"



Gift Coupons:


Updated at: Thursday, April 19, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment