Don't miss

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Amitabh Bachchan on facebook - 955K likes and climbing!

In : |





506073_Free Customization
Amitabh Bachchan is one of the most celebrated actors on social media too, each of his updates and tweets are greeted with warm responses from his followers. He is an active blogger and tweets quite so often. The fans get to know each pulse of the actor through both the mediums and now Amitabh Bachchan has decided to go facebook too, and he has been receiving a warm welcome over here, the count of likes has been 955K (957,068) as per facebook and its still climbing high. As his fans comment, the true hero is on facebook and this miracle was quite eminent!

In the welcome video, that we have shared on our facebook page, he thanks the fans for their continued love towards him and the work he does. Within just an hour of the activation, the page received 784,417 likes. "Yipee! I am on FaceBook! My ID: FaceBook.com/AmitabhBachchan," the 69-year-old tweeted. "And!! Its close to 8 lakhs in half an hour!! Keep it coming, Baby," Amitabh tweeted.

Amitabh's fan-page became visible when the megastar also published a video taken from his home Jalsa here. "Hello everybody! This is Amitabh Bachchan and I just want all of you to know that now I am on Facebook and this is a welcome device. The way the digital world is going is just unbelievable. And I thought that I would use facebook to connect with all my well-wishers yet again. You have been with me at Blog and Twitter and here is another medium that is now going to connect us even further. Year after year, month after month, day after day we are coming closer to each other. Lovely to have you here and we shall be seeing each other and you will get to know more about me and my daily activities where I go, what I do though this wonderful medium. Thanks for being with me on Facebook and we will be with you very shortly. Thank you," says the video.

Amitabh Bachchan's Facebook page became live on August 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM and will be a one stop destination for his fans to connect, interact, engage with the ace actor. It will also provide up-to-date information about Amitabh's upcoming movies, exclusive pictures, videos, as well as exclusive pictures from Amitabh Bachchan's private collection and a welcome video by Amitabh on the new official Facebook page.

Speaking on the launch of his official page, Amitabh Bachchan said "I feel that my official Facebook fan page was long overdue. Facebook is a powerful tool that helps bring people together and allows us to embrace being a part of a larger community. I have been encouraged by the overwhelming reception to my tumblr blog, and this is another avenue to reach out to my fans, not only in India, but globally."

We are sure it would cross 1crore or more in a matter of days! (iV still is tumbling with 89 :-( )



Updated at: Wednesday, August 22, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment