Don't miss

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Esha Gupta goes gaga over Emraan, calls him mentor

In : |





328931_($15.60 Payout) Save 61% on Home Movie to DVD 300x250
Just two films old Esha Gupta, a.k.a Angelina Jolie of Bollywood, who is having a good career boost with her first two movies. The debut with Emraan is what Esha considers her best of opportunities to start with and she feels that he is her mentor in terms of acting. She was talking to PTI recently when she confessed that she was amazingly impressed with the talents of the actor and how he carried out the charisma to the co-actors and on the sets.


"I love Emraan. I was really scared of him during 'Jannat'. He, as a person, is very quite. During Jannat, he used to give his scenes as a piece of cake and I would be looking at him. The moment he used to react I was like tongue tied. I had no idea what I was doing. But he is really sweet."

The actress added, "He was like calm down.. I have done worse than you in my first few films. I thought he is joking. But it was during the promotions of Jannat when Mahesh Bhatt told me... in his initial films Emraan used to give 30-40 takes, I was like I am not that bad then. He is quite like my mentor he has given me a lot of tips."

Esha who is sharing screen again with Emraan in Raaz 3 says that she is delighted to have the opportunity and the movie has also been a great learning curve. "I am playing an actress in the film. My character's name is Sanjana Krishna. She is shown as a young new girl, who has entered the industry and has just completed two years or so and she has taken over the industry. Everybody wants to work with her. She has got all the fame in a very young age and there are people who have tried to pull her down."

Esha now who is currently working on 'Chakravyuh' from Prakash Jha, feels that her schedule is pretty much tied up and says "I am maintaining myself still the same way. The only thing that has changed is that life has become more hectic. My day starts at 5 am and gets over at 10.30 pm. Its a long day but I love it. I can't sit idle. I think somewhere we start ignoring our family more because we don't get time. But I must say life is only getting better and better."

The movie Raaz 3 will be releasing on September 7 and will be seen in 3D. The actress says that there was a long 60-90 day schedule for the movie as the shoots was actually happening in 3D, but thanks the crew to be for her support.

Emraan who is back from vacation is currently working on 'Ek Tha Daayan' which is an unconventional story for a superstar like Emraan to play, for which he says ""This goes with the core ideology that I have followed ever since I started", says Emraan who has come a long way from his 'Footpath', 'Tumsa Nahi Dekha' and 'Jawaani Deewani days, "Whenever I have played on a risky wicket, I have had had success coming my way. I have realised that audience too expects the same from me. This also means that I would most probably fail if I take a conformist approach. Well, at least my current standing dictates so."

He just had one bad outing at the box office last year and that was with Shanghai, but again his role was critically acclaimed for the wonderful act he did. And if you try to tease Emraan about the not so successful outing of Shanghai he says ""See, 'Shanghai' was never meant to be a run of the mill film. It had its own unique space and was always meant to be a departure from conventional Bollywood films. We conveyed the same in promos as well and stated during the press meets and other conversations that this was an issue based topical films.

I credit Dibakar for being brave enough to pick such subject and tell a serious story without getting preachy. Personally too it worked for me as I saw good response from audience, trade, industry and critics alike", says Emraan.

So be it sir! We love when you do the unconventional stuff and we hope to see you more!




Updated at: Wednesday, August 08, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment