Don't miss

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anil Kapoor to be seen in 'The Indian Sherlock'

In : |





A hollywood film titled 'The Indian Sherlock', based on writer-journalist Tarquin Hall’s mystery novels will soon have a bollywood version.

The filmmakers have gotten in touch with Anil Kapoor to play the lead role in it and it seems as if he might soon clinch his fifth international project.

Director Anand Tucker of Leap Year and Shopgirl (2005) fame, who is half-Indian and half-German, will be directing the bollywood version of the movie.

A source said that, “Anil sir has not committed to the project, but he intends to meet the director and writer in Los Angeles in May to take the discussion forward.” 

The movie revolves around a detective, Vish Puri and his methods. Vish Puri is a Punjabi guy who takes pride in being a master of disguise. He solves his cases with the help of quirky undercover operatives – Tubelight, Flush and Facecream.

When asked Anil Kapoor he said that, “Yes, I have been approached, but nothing is finalised yet. Let’s see how things go.” Currently actor Anil Kapoor is busy wrapping up Sanjay Gupta’s Shootout At Wadala.

Anil Kapoor has done hollywood movies like Slumdog Millionaire (2008) and Mission:impossible IV - Ghost Protocol (2011), along with the international TV series 24 (2011).

He is preparing to start shooting for Roger Donaldson’s Cities, a movie in which he will share screen space with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst.

He said that, "Yes, a lot of offers are coming my way. Now, I can sit back and choose what I want to do. After Slumdog Millionaire, I was slightly apprehensive about whether I should do more movies in the West. But now, I don't have to worry about that. Even if I do a film after three years, they will still have a suitable role for me."

He added, "Everybody knows me in Hollywood today. All the producers, directors and actors know me as the talk show host from the Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire or Omar Hassan, the President of a fictional a Middle-east country under an assasination threat in 24 and the comic billionaire of Mission: Impossible IV. These projects are like my visiting cards there."









Best Deals:

DrJays Green Banner

Updated at: Wednesday, May 02, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment