Don't miss

Thursday, August 16, 2012

English Vinglish - Charming Sridevi takes extreme care

In : |





328931_($15.60 Payout) Save 61% on Home Movie to DVD 300x250
So many long years of break from Bollywood, but if you still see the actress who ruled the screens in 90's you wont notice much of a difference. She is still as sweet as we had seen her in her older movies and yet bubbly too. We are talking about the ever charming and beautiful Sridevi. Her movie trailers are out already and is trending the charts (view trailer)

The film, produced by R. Balki of 'Paa' and 'Cheeni Kum' is about a simple, traditional homemaker played by Sridevi whose life revolves around her husband and children. 

The movie tells about the struggles of Sridevi's character who is being criticized by her husband and children for speaking spoken English. The criticism goes to the extreme when her husband says that 'My Wife Was Born To Make Ladoos' - the teaser reveals how she struggles her way out and also shows some scenes which makes you eager to see what happens of her in the later part. The movie is directed by Gauri Shinde - wife of Mr. Balki.

Another exciting comedy yet a pun is when the visa officer asks her how she would manage in the US without knowing English, just then an Indian co-worker stands up for her saying, "Just how you survive in India without knowing Hindi". (so true!)

The movie will also see Amitabh Bachchan doing a cameo. As Amit ji says, its anything for Balki - even when he is producing the movie. Amitabh Bachchan had done 'Paa' and 'Cheeni Kum' which was both directed by Balki.

Gauri Shinde said, "This film is inspired by my mom. Like most people in India struggle with this language, it's just the insensitivity and insecurity that made me do this film."

Asked how she managed to cast Sridevi in her debut film, Ms Shinde said: "While writing the script, I did not think of anyone. When Balki met Boney and Sridevi, they asked him what was he doing at that time. Balki mentioned about me writing a script. Sridevi liked the subject and I narrated the script to her and it just happened."

As for Balki, he says that he missed the opportunity to cast Sridevi, "I envy Gauri.. like I wanted to work with Sridevi first but she did. And then I wished I could have thought of this idea, but she did. I am actually jealous of her.. the film made me feel jealous. Both of the things I did not do, so I just had to sit and watch," Balki said.

The film will also be premiered at the 37th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and the actress has decided to wear a sari specially designed by Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Sabyasachi has styled the actress in the film as well. She looks simple yet stunning in Sabya's printed saris.

"I am so happy to be here for him. I am honoured that he has designed clothes for my movie. He is a fabulous designer and I love his clothes. I feel confident wearing them and it has been an experience working with him," Sridevi said. Sridevi did a ramp walk after a long time for the designer.This was on the occasion of  third edition of PCJ Delhi Couture Week.


And Sridevi stunned her fans when she walked down the ramp.





Updated at: Thursday, August 16, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment